Friday 5 October 2012

Sam, Sally and Shadow's Adventure

This is the final animation for 2D cut out. The synopis for this animation is about a little boy, Sam.  His older sister, Sally and their cat, shadow go out to explore the weather. I found animating in 2D cut out challenging as toon boom does not work at its best with a lot of detail. The character were manageable. But when i applied the background toon boom became slow and unresponsive at times.This is shown with the side walk cycles as they are not at their best.
If I were to animate the 2D project I would consentrate on one character instead of three. As I was animating the weather as well as character I found there wasn't much time to animate as I was still learning how to use the software for 2D cut out.
I created the weather using different layers after all that, a day before the deadline I discovered a tutorial on how to control the weather on toonboom harmony using only one layer instead of several.
Designing the characters using photoshop gave the character detail it gave them appeal. If I knew what toonboom was like first I would have created less detail and I would have used toon boom's colour palette using gradients instead of photoshop. As photoshop created a blurred edge of the character. This may have made the character easier to animate with toonboom in the period of time to animate.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment